Dental Cleanings & Regular Checkups
Regular dental checkups are an important part of maintaining optimal oral health. In addition to a good home regimen, regular cleanings and exams help to avoid tooth decay and gum disease and to prevent many expensive dental treatments.
Prevention starts with controlling plaque, a colorless bacteria that sticks to the surface of your teeth, and calculus, a harder mineral deposit. These are the main sources of decay and periodontal disease. By maintaining a proper routine of daily hygiene, you can prevent most oral disease. Our hygienists at Bruce Martinson Family & Cosmetic Dentistry are excellent and are available to assist you with your hygiene and management of your gums.
During your regular checkup, your hygienist will:
- Review your medical history
- Look for cavities or evidence of tooth decay
- Take necessary digital x-rays
- Check for any problems or oral cancer
- Inspect your teeth and gums for signs of gingivitis or gum disease
- Thoroughly clean and polish your teeth
- Provide fluoride treatment for prevention of decay
We’d Like To Be Your Family’s Home For Gentle Dental Care in Wayzata, MN!
Our friendly and professional team is eager to serve you. We offer convenient scheduling to cater to busy families like yours. Click here to email our office or call 952-473-4639. One of our team members will happily help you schedule a convenient appointment time.